Specialized training programmes
To enhance national capacity in managing migration, specialized training programmes have been developed and implemented regionally. Apart from enhancing capacity at the national levels, these programmes have created linkages and networks among the various stakeholders in countries of origin.
The Trainings completed so far include:
- Labour Attaché Training Course, 18-20 December 2004, Kuwait City, Kuwait. Click for details.
- Labour Administrators Training Course, 1-4 March 2005, Bangkok, Thailand. Click for details.
- Administering an Overseas Employment Programme: The role of marketing and labour migration opportunities in EU member states, 17-20 July 2006, Islamabad, Pakistan. Click for details.
- Placing Workers in Asia and Europe: Fostering collaboration among employment agencies in Asia and Europe and ethical recruitment, 6-8 February 2007, Manila, Philippines. Click for details.
- Organizing the Association of Employment Agencies in Asia: Moving Forward to Action on Ethical Recruitment', Manila, Philippines, April 3-4, 2008. Click for details.